Rugby in Olmos Basin Park

For the third time in my life I have randomly come upon a rugby match while driving to nowhere in particular.

The first two times was at Baylor University, when their (now defunct, I think) team was playing on a corner lot on University Parks Dr. in Waco.

This time was as we drove past Olmos Basin Park in central San Antonio. We watched the match between Dallas and the San Antonio club for a while and then walked around the bike/hike path to enjoy this beautiful day. It's really a nice area. Lots of soccer fields, a couple of ball parks, and right up Devine Rd. the Alamo Heights Pony League fields.

The reason we were driving down that way is because I now drive to my home in Northeast San Antonio from work in Northwest San Antonio via back roads. Construction congestion and reckless driving did my truck in about a month ago. For the forseeable future, I will not be traveling Loop 410 during rush hour. It isn't worth it.

No comments: